Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Underneath your(my) skin again (c) Kenna


The two songs that have had my listening attention for the past week have been Cuddle Bums and Love Thirst.

Cuddle Bums by 88-keys ft Tanya Morgan is a lil ditty bout hittin it and then shakin the spot when the girl wants to lay up, I’m sure we can all relate to this some way. My favorite verse is the first, Donwill’s, with lines like “we cut buddies and cuddlin confusing what doin’…get the dick and let me leave” you know he’s all business. Also cold lines like, ”my bed’s mad comfortable and spacious as I make it, you can hog your own blankets”. I know this song has been out for a minute and I saw Von Pea's sig on okp but oh well the shit is tight. Not to mention the genius sample of the blues/country sainga Bonnie Raitt.

As for Love Thirst By Jean Grae, it’s a re-mixed (better mix) version of a song from Jeanius. So maybe he new cd may be the new/old Jeanius or that’s just a leak of a better version of the song. Anywho it’s awesome. My favorite line is “I’m in love thirst baby you’re the quencher/maybe we should be taping so you can remember”. Jean gets down! 9th wonder really kills the beat


No comments: